Events and Entertainment
With live entertainment and special events happening all season long, review the Pink Pony Calendar to make plans to participate in the entertainment or event that is right for you
Want to see more images of the resort and island? This collection of photos will provide a wonderful sense of what the Resort and Island are all about.
The Pink Pony Gallery may even have a picture of YOU!
For those traveling from point’s south, follow I-75 north to Mackinaw City or St. Ignace and watch for the well-marked exits to the boat dock of choice. For those traveling from points north, follow I-75 south to St. Ignace or Mackinaw City to the boat dock of choice. To use internet mapping services such as MapQuest, please use zip code 49701 (Mackinaw City) or 49781 (St. Ignace boat) to create a route. Because motor vehicles are restricted to emergency or state vehicles only (medical, fire and police), there are no personal motor vehicles permitted on Mackinac Island.
There is ample parking convenient to the boat docks with valet service and unloading and loading service available. Upon arrival in Mackinaw City or St. Ignace, luggage will be tagged for the hotel. On the island-side, helpful dock porters will transport the luggage to the hotel until check-in, at that time they will be happy to deliver the luggage to the room. (Gratuities are appreciated)
Please feel free to enjoy the island before returning to the mainland. Luggage can be tagged and held at the front desk until the scheduled departure. At that time, Dock Porters will transport the luggage to the specified ferry dock for the departure.
Northwest Airlines offers flights to Pellston Airport (airport code PLN) from most major cities. Shuttle can provide transportation to the boat docks upon arrival. Mackinaw Shuttle also provides services to and from Traverse City’s Cherry Capitol Airport (airport code TVC) with carriers Northwest, Delta and United.
North Country Aviation located in Gaylord, Michigan offers special rates on charter flights from Gaylord or any other airport in northern Michigan to Mackinac Island.
Great Lakes Air provides service from St. Ignace, Traverse City and Pellston Airports to the Island. Charter flights are also available.
Mackinac Island is especially suited to aviators and welcomes private air travelers offering views of boreal forests, bogs, marshes, springs, bridges and buildings that quietly speak of our history of place in the American experience. Operated by the Mackinac State Historic Parks, Mackinac Island Airport 45° 51.89′ N 084° 38.24’W features a 3500′ runway with daily monthly and annual landing fees.
On the Island Mackinac Taxi Service can provide transportation via horse drawn taxi from the ferry docks or airport to the hotel. Reservations are suggested. Please call 906-847-3323 for advanced reservations.
There are many fun and interesting things to do on Mackinac Island. Rent a bike and ride around the island or hire a self-driven horse drawn carriage. For the history buffs there is Fort Mackinac and guided walking tours.
While the choices are many, here are a few suggestions:
- Kayak in the Straits of Mackinac with Great Turtle Kayaks.
- Take a Horse Drawn Carriage Tour.
- Explore the Mackinac Island State Park. Make sure to find Arch Rock, Sugar Loaf, and Fort Holmes.
- Explore the island on a bike or hike the many trails found on the “Inside” of the island. Rental bikes are available throughout the island.
- Take a step back in history to the 1800s at Fort Mackinac.
- Take the reins and drive a horse drawn carriage or just hop on the back of a horse and take a nice trot on the island.
- Take horse-riding lessons or spectate at the Mackinac Island Equestrian Center.
- Eat some world famous Mackinac Island Fudge at any of the excellent fudge shops on the island.
- Check out the cool Historic Downtown and find out how people lived in the early 19th century.
- Experience Mackinac Island’s Original Butterfly House or stop at the Butterfly Conservatory.
- Looking for fun things to do on Mackinac Island? Check out FunFix.com for a list of adventure based activities on Mackinac Island.
Looking for that special excuse to get to the Island? These links provide many details about the fun and exciting special events that take place during a season on Mackinac!
Mackinac Island comes alive with many special events during a season. Click on any of these links to learn more. Which one will make Mackinac Island the spot for this year’s get-away?